Sunday, July 31, 2011

Top Notch Weekend

Don't you just love weekends that are super fun, but still relaxing, full, sunny, warm, laugh-filled, and spent with fabulous people? I sure do. I just had one, and I'm bummed it's over. But here are my 3 favorite stories from it.

1. Beginning of conversation = "We should prank call _______ (I'll leave the name out to protect us, the trouble-makers). That would be hilarious." But obviously we quickly realized we couldn't use our own phones (duh), so the next question, "Could we use a payphone?" (Silence for about a full minute) "Do payphones still exist?!" The next hour was spent Googling "payphones in Santa Monica" and then running around the Promenade and neighboring streets searching....until, BAM! We found one!
Success! They're 50 cents these days. But then there was the debate about whether or not the prank call would show a '310' area code, which might give us away. Turns out, it didn't matter. After all that...the phone didn't even have a dial tone. Fail.

2. What do girls do when they need to relax, de-stress, gossip,etc.? Get manicures and pedicures, of course! We found a ridiculously cheap and awesome salon right off the Promenade, and indulged. It took approximately 15 minutes of testing way too many nail polish colors on every available nail to decide on "Jackie Oh!" - a crazy neon pink color - for both my fingers and toes. Unfortunately, this picture doesn't even do the neon-ness justice. It's so bright, it makes me squint just a little bit. But that doesn't stop me from waving my hands in everyone's faces.

3. BYO dinner date at R&D Kitchen in Santa Monica. Yummy wine, delicious food, fabulous company, top rate people-watching...it's got everything. What a perfect Friday night. And the funniest part happened after dinner....walking down Montana trying to hail a taxi. What do we stumble upon but a lost Blackberry, face down in the street. I kick it to make sure it's a phone, and then pick it up. Here I am after finding it, even though the wine bottle blocks the phone in my hand:
I say, "What do we do with it?" M's response? "Eh, just leave it." Oh, come on! I'm not going to leave someone's lost phone in the middle of the street! I'm way too nice and concerned about others for that. So I proceed to send texts on the phone, until someone calls it. Turns out it's the guy's daughter. I say we'll wait on the corner if he wants to come get it. Which he obviously does. And a short 2 minutes later he pulls up....in a Porsche Panemara (I don't know if I'm spelling that right). Wow. What a gorrrrrrrrrgeous car. So I give him his phone, and the obvious next step/reward is a joy ride in the kick-butt car. So we hopped in (I was way more delighted about it than M...which is why I got shot-gun) and jetted off. Sweet ride. I want one. Doing good deeds pays off.

Totally the awesome weekend I needed! Luckily I'm really excited about this week of work though. So it makes it easier to handle the weekend coming to an end....but I'm still pumped for the next one already.

No comments:

Post a Comment