Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Week of Lindsay

Recently, I've been crazy busy and all over the place - physically and mentally (per the usual, I know). But what I realized is that I haven't been taking any time for myself. I haven't done things just for me. I haven't spent any time by myself (which I used to love!). I haven't been sleeping nearly enough. I haven't been going to the gym (another love of mine). I simply haven't been focused on ME. I've been putting all my energy into other people and things. Any of you that know me well know that that is my nature. I love doing things for other people. I love making people smile and feel important and loved. I love being available to talk to anyone at any time, day or night, if they need me or just want to chat. But I can't keep doing only things like that...especially at the expense of my sanity! I need to find a balance between the two...otherwise, I might just go nuts.

Conveniently, I'm working from home this whole week (beautiful). So I've decided that I'm going to make my work and myself my two priorities for the week. If I can fit anyone else in (which I will, of course...I'm way too social to spend more than a night or two with myself), then great. But that won't be a priority for this week. That is super hard for me to say. But I have to do it!

Here are some of my "Week of Lindsay" plans/things I've already done:

1. Have a full and really productive work week - not let non-work people/things distract me during work hours....I love my job, and am work-happiest when I can be totally focused on what I need and want to do

2. Eat clean and healthy all week (I'm 6 for 6 on meals I've had since getting back to LA on Sunday night!)

3. Reactivate my gym membership at my fabulous gym

4. Go to my fabulous gym everyday (maybe one break day in there...we'll see) - I mean, how could I not?! Look at these views from my gym:


5. Get at least 8 hours of sleep every night (this might be the hardest one for me...I always pick fun activities over going to bed at a good hour...my friends are too great...so this will take much effort this week)

6. Don't drink (or realistically, drink just a little...I already have a wine date planned with someone for tonight...oops) - no "party" type nights for this one week (it doesn't fit with all the other things at all)

7. READ. Both books for work, and books I'm reading for pleasure. Those of you who know me well also know that reading time is essential for my happy life. Seriously. When I don't get enough time to read (even 10 minutes a day), I can feel my stress levels rise. Book-worm? Nerd? Sure. And proud of it.

8. Clean my apartment and throw massive amounts of stuff (any types of items) in the garbage or in the donation box. I just barely keep up on these things ever. So this week, I'm going to do a significant amount. And it's going to feel soooooo good.

9. Go get massages. Bare minimum of two this week. The first one is already booked for tomorrow evening. I'm thinking a second one on Saturday or Sunday would be great. How much more "about yourself" can a person get than going to get massages? Perfect.

10. And write on here!!! People that don't enjoy writing probably don't understand when I say that writing on here brings me stress relief and joy. For real. I started this a little over a year ago, with the intention of it being therapeutic for me during a crazy time in my life. I didn't intend to keep it up after my big move. But I found that I actually love it! And so many people read it now and tell me about it all the time, that I can't let them down! Both great reasons to keep it up. And make it more of a priority for myself.

10 big items. Big for me anyway. I'm not expecting perfection from myself...simply because I know myself too well. And I don't expect perfection from anyone in my life. But I'll do my best. I have to try. Because, gosh darn it, I'm worth it. (Line stolen from L'Oreal...oh well)

No comments:

Post a Comment