Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Another Great Holiday Weekend...

...with, once again, barely any pictures. I failed again! I don't know what is wrong with me lately. I normally love taking pictures, and I always have my camera with me...so why am I doing such a bad job lately?! Boo on me.

Anyway, I spent the holiday weekend in Chicago, and had a blast. We were lucky enough to have really great weather pretty much the whole time - it got a little hot and humid at times...but overall, can't complain. No rain, no cold. I'll take it.

My favorite activity from the long weekend? It would probably have to be the Cubs vs. White Sox game at Wrigley Field on Sunday afternoon. My first time at Wrigley! Pretty great stadium...very classic and old school. I loved it.

Here are the very few shots I did walk away with:


And I of course didn't think to get any shots with people in them DURING the game...but luckily we had a few minutes of waiting time for the train. Utilized that well:

I don't know why, but that wet spot on his shirt really cracks me up! I just can't figure out where that came from - and it's in a weird spot, and kind of a weird shape...it's baffling, really. Makes me chuckle...love it!

Other fun highlights from the weekend include:

* Multiple outdoor brunches, with champagne and bloody marys

* Multiple outdoor dinners, with margaritas and martinis

* Sleeping late....oh so late

* Lots of naps

* Mini bar crawl

* Dancing, and general good times, at Studio Paris (super fun club)

* Giving deep dish pizza another shot....and loving it

* Dublin's nachos...never a bad decision

Great, great weekend in all - so much fun! And now I get to spend the rest of the week at home with my parents (and Farley, of course). Who has two thumbs and is super lucky?? This girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment