Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Who's That Girl?

Not really sure what's going on...but after going on just 3 runs in the past week, I am somehow now talking about POTENTIALLY doing a 1/2 marathon in March...huh?! My sweet CB has picked up on the fact that I'm very impressionable right now...and she knows it's the right time to strike! If anyone can talk me into it, it's that girl.

Meanwhile, in much more realistic news I'm just 4 days away from my first actual race ever, which is a tiny, little 5k (compared to a 1/2 marathon it sounds like child's play). I've moved on from hoping I can just make it through, and on from hoping I can just jog the whole thing (no walking), to actually having a goal. Very exciting. To the real runners out there it'll sound weak, but my goal is to break 25 minutes. Not all that great, but not all that horrible for a first timer, right?

I'm so serious that I'm even getting up at 5:00am tomorrow to run before heading to the office - I'm so proud of my dedication! Although I wish all my intentions were pure. They are not. I kind of just want to look good at the 5k too. I'm kinda, sorta going to the 5k with a date (yes, you read that right - and if you know me, don't even pretend to be surprised)...and he's an awesome runner...and I'm hoping against all hope that I can keep up with him.

JM - this is probably news to you. Hope you don't mind me bringing someone to start with us? I'll explain, I promise :)

2 comments:

  1. My 5K pace is about 27-28 minutes, so I think 25 is really impressive! I'm sure you'll be able to do it... especially with all that extra race day energy! Good luck, Linds! You'll do great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaay, can't wait for Saturday! I assume you and your date (sooo cute btw) will be cabbing it? Do you want to meet at our apt before hand and walk over together? Or meet at the race?

    25 minutes is faaaabulous! I'm totally the same as Sam...27-28 minute 5ks. Where is this half you're running in March?? I wanna come!

    ReplyDelete