Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Night at the Museum (Minus Ben Stiller)

I was lucky enough to attend a pretty awesome fundraiser event this past weekend here in New York City. It was for a local hospital, and I have a close connection with a large firm currently working with them, and was fortunate to snag an extra ticket to the gala. It was a really fabulous evening - a perfect mix of class, conversation, dancing, indulging, and dressing fly.

I got to go with my brother and AS, so obviously we would have had an amazing time even if the event was lame. But that it was not. It was gorgeous in the art museum - set up like a very nice wedding reception in some ways. And even had a kick-butt live band, playing all kinds of top 40 hits...and playing them WELL. It was seriously impressive.

It was a pretty fancy event, which I did NOT pack for from Chicago. Luckily AS brought me lovely dresses to choose from and borrow for the affair! (Because I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have let me in in the 'going out' dresses I packed for these weeks on the road...) And thank goodness I managed to not spill on it...even though I sloppily ate about 10 of those delicious mini cheesecakes... (Maybe if the cute waiters hadn't kept bringing them to me every 60 seconds I would have had more self control!)

Per the usual, many photos were taken to commemorate the evening. Here are the choice shots:

The rest of our little gang for a good portion of the evening:

This shot was solely taken for my friend BY (or Yacoooooochie, as I like to call her)....she loves her some Gaga rah-rah face:
I fell a little bit in love with the man on the left side of this one:

Finding that we could easily remove roses from the center pieces really changed the direction of the night...and every picture we took afterward:

Nothing like a good old-fashioned sword fight...with roses:
Look AS...we're both wearing your clothes!
Too cute:
And even cuter (not)...crazy girl hugging 21 half bottles of champagne...ugh...
Annnnnnnd it's time for the night to be over...
But alas, it was not over. We went out to a bar afterward, of course. Because who ends their night at 12:30am?! Crazy people, that's who. (Makes me sound pretty tough, right? Yeah, well I only lasted until 1:00am...W-U-S-S style...I'm still embarrassed 3 days later)

I'm going to pretend that it was the transition from fancy party girl (i.e. me faking that role) to college-y Union Square bar drinking beer in bottles that really tripped me up. It's hard to make that switch. I think that was my problem. I'm sticking with that story. And at least I kept going until about 4:00am...just not in the jam-packed bar where I was in the oldest 20% of the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment