Monday, November 21, 2011

Celebrate Good Times, Come On!

Per the usual, this post is a little bit behind the times...but only a couple of days this time! I'm getting better, at least.

So the last couple of weeks at work have been a little...what's the word I'm looking for...completely freaking crazy. Yes, that'll do. The team I've been working with is a bunch of rockstars, so I knew in joining them for most of the month I'd need to be on my total 'A' game. Which I was, of course. But, my goodness, we worked HARD. I've worked more hours in the last 3 weeks than I probably have in the last 3 months. (Okay, that's a bit of an exaggeration...but we worked a lot)

Most nights had us leaving the office after midnight...and one particularly bonkers night had some of us walking out at 5:15am. Well, maybe more stumbling out than walking, but you get the drift.

The good news is that this is what we do. We work hard, we stay until a job is done, and we manage to smile, laugh, and have fun while doing it. We sometimes forget to eat in there, but we do alright. (Hello, built-in diet!)

So last week we decided it was time for a celebration for all that we had accomplished! And 3 people had birthdays last week too...so double the reason to celebrate! Here is the birthday sign I made for my buddy AB:

Here's me, oh-so-proud of my handywork...and especially since I only had about 2 minutes to make that before he came back to his desk. (Well, "our" desk...we're desk buddies...hence the nickname of "Roomie")

And what better place to celebrate good times than Dave & Buster's?! NONE. So to Long Island's finest D&B we went.

Lots of refreshing drinks were consumed, including a few smaller, more potent drinks...here's me with 8 of my September gang partaking in some SoCo lime...not my fave. (try to ignore the iPhone camera crazy eyes)
After we stuffed our faces with lots of nachos, chicken tenders, and chocolate fondue, it was off to rock the adult arcade. We got our play cards and hit the floor. And we rocked it. The tickets were practically flowing from our pockets. We decided to pool all the team tickets so we could get bigger, better prizes. JS and I were in charge of wrangling tickets from everyone...JS took his job a little more seriously, as evidenced here:
We were kind of all over the place, but I think the most popular plays (and the ones that couldn't keep me away) were Skee-ball, basketball, and of course some serious Dance Dance Revolution. If you put a bunch of highly competitve, type-A people in a playground like this together, it's bound to get intense. There were points where we were legitimately sweating. I'm not even kidding. We don't mess around.

And after we wore ourselves out gaming (and D&B closed at midnight - boo), we had to go cash in our thousands of tickets. I picked out the Justin Bieber doll (no surprise there):
We ended up with the Biebs in a gray shirt instead of blue, but it doesn't matter because he still came home with us!

The rest of the tickets were used on bracelets, pens, Slinkys, a furry leopard print tie, and a GIANT stuffed giraffe. Here's AB and MH loving on the newest team member on the ride back to the hotel (we're gonna put a little black suit and tie on him...and he will start driving benefit immediately...and the client probably won't even notice he's not breathing):
It was a ridiculously fun night! I was definitely expecting to have fun there with such an awesome group (love those guys), but it was even better than I had hoped. And to top it all off, my buddy AB and I kicked back in the hotel lobby with beers after we got back...a little Yuengling nightcap.

And as proof of how much fun we had, check out this bruise on my leg the next day:
It's high up on my thigh. It took me awhile to figure out where the heck it came from...but I figured it out eventually...it was from the constant banging against the ball-holder-thingy every time I shot a basketball. And we played around 12 games. Yeah, that seems about right.

No comments:

Post a Comment