Monday, December 13, 2010

Tea and Strumpets, Anyone?

The best part of a very cold, but lovely Monday in New York City? Lunch with my awesome teammates at Alice's Tea Cup, of course!


Ok, let me tell you about Alice's Tea Cup...I have adored it since I first discovered it almost 6 years ago. There are 3 locations in NYC...the first I discovered was in my old neighborhood (Upper West Side). That was the only one I ever went to (quite frequently, I must admit), until I was staffed on a project for work on the Upper East Side 4 years ago. I then became a regular at that location - a convenient 2 blocks from our office. And I am now back working at that same office for the month...so, of course, I introduced my team now to its fabulousness!

Alice's Tea Cup = one of the cutest things ever. They are adorable little cafes that are Alice in Wonderland themed, and specialize in tea and scones...and they are DELICIOUS. These were today's special scone flavors:

I was so happy that they had Pumpkin today...it's been their best one for the whole 6 years I've known them...and they were just as yummy today as always. Borderline to-die-for, in fact.

We were all very classy and drank pots of Alice's special hot tea with lunch...pinky fingers in the air, of course. I also enjoyed a mouth-watering veggie burger...I took a picture because the burger and fries next to the delicate tea cups and saucers was pretty funny (sophistication to the max):

All of the cute little girls that come in with their mothers and friends for lunch get to borrow sparkly fairy wings to wear at the cafe...no, none of us consultants were offered any...hmpf. (I guess it's better we didn't get the fairy wing glitter all over our power suits) It makes for adorable surroundings though, with all of the Alice in Wonderland paraphenalia. Most everything is very sweet...we did find one thing kind of creepy though...the Alice doll, that looks like a corpse, under the glass of one of the dining tables:

Would that not freak you out to stare at while you were drinking tea and eating scones?! In theme with the rest of the place? Yes. A bit traumatizing and weird? Also yes. I have a hunch that doll just might appear in a nightmare tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment