Sunday, December 12, 2010

"Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made..."

"Let's hear it for New York, New York!" A Christmas-y weekend in the Big Apple with my best gal...pure awesomeness. So many good times had. To sum it up:


Just kidding. To truly sum it up would obviously involve the beacon of the weekend, and the holiday season, and New York City:



Let me just say this though...if you want to go see this tree up close...you better REALLY want to see it. The crowds were insane...bodies, strollers, shopping bags, cameras, NYPD, dogs, aaaagggghhhhh! CB and I tried to keep our cool, but there were multiple times where we almost started punching/kicking/yelling obscenities/etc. I would say that was awful and not in the spirit of Christmas...but hey...we're in New York! It would have just made us fit in even more.

My partner in crime (loooooooove her so much!):
We saw and did so many fabulous things this weekend, it would take forever to tell about them all. Sooooooo, the highlights:
1. We ate brunch on Saturday at Mud in the East Village. I dare anyone to tell me there is a better cup of coffee anywhere in the world. Not possible. (Sorry, Buddy the Elf..."world's best cup of coffee" is at Mud)
2. We saw some amazing subway dancers...it's exactly what you think. A bunch of 15-ish year olds, singing their own music, making their own beats, and dancing, bumping, grinding, and doing FLIPS on moving suwbay cars. Incredible.
3. Sadly, we also saw said subway dancers get busted by the cops. Bummer. (I'm pretty sure one of them cried)
4. We went shoe shopping. Pure bliss. I got dangerously close to buying 6-inch stiletto boots...but ended up opting for cute patent leather flats...same pair that CB bought. They were that adorable.
5. Got in a fight with the super cute girls selling jewelry at the Union Square Holiday Market. Stomped away (me), but ended up going back and apologizing 'cuz I felt so bad. CB stayed out of it...but was (I'm pretty sure) laughing off to the side through it all.
6. Walked to FAO Schwartz...saw the line was around the corner of the block to get in...didn't have the patience for it and bailed. Sad!
7. Saw the crazy pack of Santas out on a bar crawl in the East Village at 10am...and in Mid-Town in the afternoon...and in Brooklyn at 11pm...they went alllllllll day!
8. Saw some serious bling at Tiffany...annnnnnd maybe drooled just a little bit.
9. Got caught in a bit of a rainstorm, and had multiple very classic NYC umbrellas-blowing-inside-out moments. I believe CB described it as "pure hell."
10. Best highlight though? Just getting to spend the weekend with CB in the greatest city in the world! We always have fun taking on NYC together, and these past few days did not disappoint. Even if we're lugging a suitcase and multiple bags all the way up to the 8th floor of Macy's via escalators, only to turn right back around still not finding what we're looking for, and almost breaking some Waterford crystal...we're doing it in style and having a blast. I heart NY. I heart CB. I heart Christmas. Period.

2 comments: