Sunday, December 19, 2010

I'm Mellllllllllttttting

Um...what the heck?! It has been raining for 4 straight days here. And it's supposed to continue for 3 more days yet. This is southern California. This is NOT supposed to happen. That's what I was told anyway, when I was deciding to move here. Lies. Dirty, rotten lies! (I mean, yes, it's still above 60 degrees outside in late December...but still...I'm soaking wet!)

People in SoCal don't know how to handle the rain. I think everyone pretty much holes up in their homes, and just waits there for it to stop. This is the land of perpetual sun. When that sun disappears, even for a few days, everyone is lost.

Good Things About The Rain
1. I get to wear my super cute polka dot rain boots everywhere
2. Staying inside and sitting on my butt is totally acceptable, and even expected (everyone else is doing it!)
3. There's nothing like falling asleep to the sound of rain outside
4. Um...I'm already running low on ideas here...I guess the palm trees get nice and watered??

Bad Things About The Rain
1. Can't go to the beach, even if it's warm enough (in December, no less)
2. Giant palm tree branches fall on the roads and sidewalks...and one almost hit me in the head yesterday...scary
3. Some of my windows are leaking...HIGHLY un-amusing
4. Damp/wet clothes constantly...I just can't seem to dry off entirely!
5. Rain makes most everyone grumpy - and I don't want to deal with grumpy people
6. Frizzy hair
7. We have to listen to the news warnings of possible flooding and mud slides...joy

It's getting pretty ridiculous - 4 whole days! Enough is enough, weather fates! Please don't make us all start building an ark...I'm no good at construction. And I'm always the one who gets splinters.

No comments:

Post a Comment