Tuesday, August 30, 2011

So Greasy, But Oh-So-Happy

Normally, I like to avoid being greasy in life. General rule. However, if I'm greasy as a result of 60 full, fantastic, amazing minutes of someone else doing nothing other than rubbing down my entire body...I can get onboard with that. In fact, I kind of like it.

Over the past month I have developed a habit that is either wonderful or awful...and that is going to get regular massages. It's wonderful because they make me so happy, and so relaxed, and make me sleep better, and lots of general goodness. It's awful because it's a bit of a pricey habit...especially on weeks when I get really weak and go 2 or 3 times. That's absurd. I'm aware. But I can't help it! It's what I would assume getting addicted to drugs feels like...I just want more and more, and what used to satisfy me isn't enough anymore! (I haven't gotten to the point of getting 'the shakes' yet if I go too long without...but I'm terrified that it's right around the corner)

Here is the place I've been frequenting in Santa Monica:

Part of the grand problem? This awesome place is exactly 1.5 blocks from my apartment. Come on! It's right there and I have to look at it and pass it all the time. It's like a muse calling my name. I can't resist.

The funniest part of the addiction? As weirded out as I was when I had a man give me a massage there a month ago, I've actually come to enjoy having guys! I switch back and forth between guys and girls there, but I think guys might be where it's at. They generally have bigger and stronger hands, they go a little easier on the oil/lotion, and they don't really try to chat with you at all...they like quiet during it as much as I do...brilliant.

Since I'm moving away in one week, I don't have much time left to hit up the good old Massage Place. I probably have 2 visits left. I will make the most of them, and then I will walk away. But I will be looking for suggestions for massages in Chicago immediately...so if anyone has any good ones, please send them my way. I'm guessing addictions do, in fact, follow a person from state to state. So I'm just going to try to be ready.

An even better solution? If I could find a friend who gives as good of massages as I do (I'm surprisingly good at it!) and then we could be each other's clients. I will literally make a new friend solely for this purpose if I have to. I'm not above that.

No comments:

Post a Comment