Thursday, September 1, 2011

Lease = SIGNED!!

This is about a week late, but still amazingly fabulous....my lease in Chicago is signed and finalized! It's a real deal now. No turning back. Wowzas.

I was lucky enough to find a really awesome apartment for myself...after looking at about 20 places total (no joke). My poor realtor was probably ready to kill me by the end. But what can I say? I know what I like and what I want.

The apartment is in the EXACT location I was hoping for - which is a huge feat. I was starting to get a little discouraged by the end, thinking that I would either have to take a less-great apartment in the right location, or a great apartment in an area that's not exactly what I want (but still would have been good). But eureka! The second to last place was "the one" - hooray!

So what is this place like, you ask? Let me tell you. It's a 1/2 block off of Lake Michigan, right by Oak Street Beach. It's a 23-story building (great sun deck on the top!), and I will be on the 14th floor. The apartment faces south (perfect), with great views of the skyline, including the John Hancock Building. I will also have west and east views (hello, Lake Michigan right there!) from my very spacious BALCONY...oh yeah, my own balcony. The apartment is almost 900 square feet...which means I'm going to need some more furniture to really fill it up. There are probably worse spots to be in, right?

It's incredible. It just FEELS like a place I should be. It's right in the middle of all the hustle and bustle of the city, but still a tree-lined street. I just couldn't be any happier about it...I can't wait to move in there and make it my own.

If you don't believe I'm happy, check out this picture (thanks KH for taking it, and for coming with me!) of me signing my lease:

And then shortly after that, here I am hamming it up in front of my new building:

Siiiiiiiggggghh of relief. I have a new home to move into, and a place to put all my stuff. Next hurdle? Actually packing all that stuff up and getting it there, 2100 miles away. I leave in less than 5 days, and have yet to start packing. But I'm not worried. I've got a plan, like always. And that plan flies into LA tomorrow afternoon...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment