Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Majestic Land

Alright...prepare to be jealous. I got to spend this work week in...Jackson, Michigan! Try to contain yourselves. Maybe someday you all can go there too.

Jackson is pretty small and quiet, and about 65 miles west of Detroit. There's not a LOT of stuff to do there, but the week managed to be AWESOME regardless! I got to spend the week with some of my absolute favorite coworkers there, so we had a blast. You could put us in the middle of the desert for a week and we'd make it fun. Probably the biggest reason I love my job so much. So what made the week so fun/interesting/entertaining/great? Let me tell you.

1. After the drive from Detroit to Jackson late on Monday night (I was the last to arrive, coming from LA), 3 of my guys were waiting for me in the lobby of our hotel! There's just something about walking in a Country Inn & Suites (oh yeah) and seeing faces you love, getting some huge hugs, and then hanging out until after midnight.

2. The clients I got to work with this week are spectacular! They are friendly, welcoming, funny, smart, focused...everything we could ask for. I was excited to go into work every, single day...even though I only got about 4 hours of sleep a night. That's saying a lot.

3. One night, during a huge storm, the 3 boys and I hung out in a hotel room, drank beer, and laughed our butts off...for lots of reasons, but in large part because we were acting out weirdo (but hilarious) comic strips for each other in teams of 2. If you think this sounds UN-entertaining, you need to try it before you knock it.

4. We ate lunch at a place called The Pickle Barrel. Nothing else to say. It's just pure deliciousness.

5. We survived the big earthquake together in our team room! So yeah, the earthquake actually happened in Virginia, but we seriously felt it pretty strong all the way in Michigan. The conversation was pretty much, "Who's shaking the table?" "Ok, stop shaking the table!" "Wait, what's going on?" "This is making me feel drunk." "Whoa."

6. Upon arrival back to my hotel room the day of the earthquake, I found my dresser drawers like this as a result:
7. But then that top drawer opened itself 2 more times during the week. So obviously we decided my room was haunted.

8. Dinner one night was dirty martinis and one pound of crab legs...perfection. Well, aside from the butter running down my arms, and my coworkers being purely entertained while watching me try to crack those suckers open. (Sorry JK, for squirting you in the eye with butter)

9. This isn't actually a good thing, but it's too annoying to not mention. Look at this picture that was hung over my bed:
Um....crooked, off-center picture = Lindsay's minor OCD kicks in. This bugged me allllll week. And I'm pretty sure it at least partially contributed to my lack of sleep this week! I almost just ripped it off the wall multiple times.

10. And the icing on the cake to the week? Getting to the airport early enough to share beers and nachos with one of my besties! Sad part? My flight was ontime...his ended up delayed over 2 hours...poor guy.

Aaaahhhhhhh, it feels good to have such a great week of work...well, work AND play. We always do both. And very well. And now I'm sitting on a plane (in 1st class, thankfully...it's a 4 and 1/2 hour flight), waiting to land at LAX airport for the very last time as a resident of Southern California. Wow...how crazy is that?! I'll probably be a little emotional upon leaving the airport. It's been a great home airport for me for the past year. Not sure if I'll see as many celebrities all the time at O'Hare or Midway...which is sad, because I love celebrities. But on the flip side, I'll have a way better chance of meeting Oprah by living in Chicago. Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment