Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dear Chick-fil-A...

...you piss me off. Royally.

I already dislike you because you are openly anti-gay. Excuse me...who do you think you are?! Even though I already hadn't set foot in a Chick-fil-A for over a year, I swore it off upon learning that anyway. Um, you are a chicken-serving fast food restaurant. I know you think you're extra close to God because you aren't open on Sundays...but give us a break. You have no business getting involved in something as important (and currently messed up) as that. Just make your stupid chicken sandwiches and milkshakes, and hush up.

But after today, I am extra furious at that place. All of my coworkers had to have Chick-fil-A for lunch today...even the girl that brought her lunch today was going along and going to eat it there so she could be with everyone. I did not plan ahead and bring my lunch...so what was I to do? I decided to go with the gang (I didn't want to miss out on all the inevitable laughs that we share everyday at lunch!)...but I was disgruntled. I did a bit of moaning and whining to make my point...but eventually shut up.

I believe most anyone reading this knows that I don't eat any meat anymore (1 year and 3 months, and going as strong as ever!). So this presents a tricky situation at a chicken-focused place. I simply ordered the southwest salad with chicken...MINUS the chicken. Not that hard, right? Wrong. You would have thought I ordered fried alien for lunch. It took almost an additional 15 minutes just to get the order officially placed...yeah. The register guy had to call over his manager to work through this puzzle. They eventually figured out how to ring it up, and placed a "red flag" on the order (I'm not joking), whatever the heck that means. And throughout this dysfunctional process, they gave me funny looks and asked me multiple times if I was "sure I didn't want the chicken"...I almost lost it.

I eventually got my lunch, and it was okay, at best. I am for real swearing off Chick-fil-A this time. Ignorant, judgemental, sassy to non-meat-eaters, and food that's not even that good. No thanks. I'd rather eat cardboard.

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how some people's mouths water when they think about CFA. As a proud carnivore, I have to admit - it's tasty. But not when you think about all the souls they had to steal to make the food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing is as tasty as stolen souls...nothing!!

    ReplyDelete