Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Bye-Bye Santa Monica

My very last day in Santa Monica can be summed up in a few photos...

No joke, I ordered boxes online to pack up all my stuff. Which means that my boxes were delivered to me in other boxes, via Amazon.com. Here they were waiting for me outside my door the other night:

Then, with the help of my amazing mama (it would NOT have happened without her!), they became these beautifully packed, ready to move boxes:

And then we decided to have a little fun with our last 1/2 day in Southern California before hitting the road. We took a walk on the beach - I will seriously miss all the cheesy beach references everywhere!


Then a little photo shoot with my very favorite Santa Monica sign:


Had to have a ham moment in the street right in front of my building, one last time:

And then we absolutely had to take the drive up the Pacific Coast Highway to Malibu, so we could stop and have champagne at Spruzzo. It's a little restaurant right across from Zuma Beach in Malibu (amazing views) that my "Honey Bun" and I found about a year ago when he and I did that same drive. It'll always be our special spot (love you, DL), but I love to take other people there now too...and of course had to take my mama!

Aside from all the madness of 2 days of packing up all my belongings, my mom and I managed to have quite a good time in LA! I couldn't be any happier that she came out to hang out with me, and help me pack, and be my emotional support...she's incredible. I definitely owe her one. Or a hundred.

No comments:

Post a Comment