Monday, September 19, 2011

29 and Feelin' Fine...

Too bad "foxy" doesn't rhyme with 29...that would be more fitting. Yes, that's the one...I feel foxy at 29. It feels goooooooood.

I had anticipated freaking out a little bit today. Ooh scary...29. Just one more year until I'm...GASP...30! How horrifying, right?

Nope. Not the case at all. I feel great! And I'm super excited, and incredibly grateful, to be starting another year of this wild ride I call my life.

One thing I've learned in the last couple of years, and really in the last year, is that that thing, or really those two things, the "older" people keep telling us young guns are really, very true. #1 - getting older is actually pretty cool, and #2 - time just keeps going faster the older you get. And those two things together should encourage us all to take advantage of today...the moment we're currently living in. Not worrying about something nagging at us from the past (what's done is done), but also not worrying TOO much about the future (planning responsibly is good, but not at the cost of enjoying today). And I have so many reasons to be loving and adoring today...

1. I have an amazing family who supports me through every, single thing I decide to do (no matter how crazy sounding)
2. I have amazing friends who support me through every, single thing I decide to do (no matter how crazy sounding)
3. I have an incredible job that challenges me, excites me, inspires me, and makes me really want to continue building my career there for the long haul
4. I have my health
5. I just spent a ridiculously great year living in California, just because I wanted to...and had the added bonus of finding peace in the process
6. I just moved to a fabulous city that I am borderline obsessed with, and that makes me immediately feel at home and as if I'm right where I'm supposed to be
7. I have what I think is a pretty great sense of humor...which includes the strong ability to laugh at myself and not take things too seriously
8. I have a scarily limitless amount of energy...I'm not quite sure how I do it or where it comes from, but I seriously have more energy than any one person should have
9. I have the ability to continue to live my life exactly the way I want to, which is important because I have so many things I want to do and so many places I want to go and see
10. I must be doing SOMETHING right to have received the amount of birthday love that I did today - 71 Facebook notes/messages, 24 emails, 12 text messages, 5 Blackberry messenger notes, and 11 phone calls. Wowzas.

So cheers to another year of fun, laughter, craziness, love, adventures, challenge, travel, appreciation, growth (hopefully not physically), inspiration, and just plain amazingness. Not sure I've ever felt more wonderful than I do right now, and that, my friends, is an awesome place to be. Happy Birthday to me!

P.S. Thanks Mama for birthing me...that can't have been easy. I'm not sure if I'll ever want to experience that myself, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate it. Greatly. You're a saint. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. So I'm a little behind at catching up on your blog... but I had to leave a comment to say that I love, Love, LOVE this post! You ARE foxy at 29 and every age to come. And your Top 10 reasons for loving your birthday are SPOT ON!

    Love ya, chica! ~Stoner

    ReplyDelete