Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Rose By Any Other Name...

...something, something, smell as sweet. Blah, blah, blah. Losing stinks! What a painful loss on New Year's Day. Our beloved Badgers fell to a bunch of horned frogs. Does anyone even know what the heck a horned frog is?! I sure don't. But hearing those words will now forever bring a tear to my eye.

BUT luckily, the Rose Bowl is an amazing enough of an experience for me to still call January 1, 2011 one of my favorite days ever. Sooooooo much fun, I can barely even describe it. The sea of red made my heart swell. The sound of Wisconsin songs...the Miller Lite...the brats...the cheese...endless games of Flip Cup...the inflatable Bucky dolls...purely wonderful. Not to mention the beautiful, sunny day we were blessed with.
I should have been way more tired and out of it than I was. My friends and I had a sleepover on New Year's Eve...didn't go to bed until almost 4:30am after a really fun party at some other friends' house...got up to the alarm around 7:30am (if I remember correctly - it was a blur)...hit the road shortly after. Didn't eat breakfast...didn't have any coffee...just followed our instincts straight to Pasadena!

The adrenaline of the day was off the charts, and especially once we got to Pasadena and saw all of our brothers and sisters (and Bucky), and the mass of tail gating that was already in progress. I thought we were getting there pretty early, but it sounds like the first people got there around 5:00am. Maybe we should have just driven there straight from the NYE party.

So it was all fun and greatness until the very end of the game. And really? Not much to be said there. Losing is never fun...and our 6-7-ish to 1 ratio of fans was quite sad, as compared to all of the pre-game revelry. But what do Sconnie fans do after a tough loss? Post-game tail gating, of course. Why not?!

Some of my favorite shots to commemorate the kick-butt day:


When you say Wisconsin...you've most definitely, certainly, without a doubt...said it all.

1 comment: