Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Better Late Than Never

Please don't point out that it is January 25 today. I am most certainly aware. I know...I'm a little behind the times on setting my new year's resolutions. But my goal was to do it within the first month of the year...so I guess technically I already achieved one of them! BAM.

My Resolutions for 2011

1. Drink more water (I resolve to do this every, single year...and yet, I continue to spend an unacceptable amount of my life dehydrated...)
2. Eat in a healthier manner CONSISTENTLY (and this doesn't just mean to eat salads all day every day...I actually mostly eat healthy food...but rather to eat good food, and enough food, and at a normal and consistent rate...2010 put me in too many instances of people asking if I was "okay" and "eating enough" and what-not...for me, being super busy/being stressed/going through life changes/being too social = often forgetting to eat...I'd like to do better with that this year...especially since the excitement shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon!)
3. Stay focused on my career (I am madly in love with my job, and my company...and 2011 has the potential to even be my best year yet! I have the best boss anyone could ask for, the most incredible coworkers, I get to travel all over the place and have amazing experiences, my company respects, values, supports, and takes great care of me, and I am lucky enough to be able to personally influence, mentor, guide, support, and encourage people on a daily basis...how did I get this lucky?!)
4. Continue to figure out who the heck I am (I have learned more about myself in this past year than I probably even realize, and I am so happy for that...I am in the incredible position of being able to really focus on ME...I was able to pick up and move to Los Angeles just because I wanted to, I settled in/got comfortable/made-and-refound friends at an unbelievable rate, while home I can walk 6 blocks to the beach whenever I feel like it, I am in a financial position to do pretty much anything I want whenever I want, and I don't have to cater to anyone else. I am proud to know that when I turn 30...don't worry, that's still a ways away!...I will have really used my 20s to find out who I am as an adult. And not a 22-25 year old "adult"...but a REAL adult. I lost a little bit of time in there, but I'm more than making up for it now.)
5. Don't do anything or be in any situation just because I think I "should" or just because it "seems right"... (probably 'nuff said there)
6. Get. More. Sleep. (I have a perpetual problem of letting my schedule get way too full...with work, with travel, with friends, with social commitments, yada yada yada...and while I love my life 'o fun, my poor body can't keep up with me forever. I must aim for at least 7 hours a night. I must.)
7. Continue to laugh every, single day (I think I laugh more as a 28 year old woman than I ever did before...life is amazing, and humorous, and often ironic, and meant to be really experienced and not taken too seriously...it feels GREAT to laugh.)
8. BE GRATEFUL...every hour of every day (I am truly blessed. I have the best family, who loves me, supports me, and is okay with anything I do, as long as I'm happy...even when I want to move 3000 miles away for awhile. I have incredible friends, without whom I can't imagine my life. Amazing job (see #3). I have my health, livelihood, freedom, and a sense of humor. And I'm only 28 years old...God willing, I've got the vast majority of my life still ahead of me. I am truly thankful for everything that I have, and I need to make sure that's at the front of my mind every day.)

2010 was a monumental year for me, in many ways...lots of change, lots of discovery, lots of stress, but also tons of fun. I had to make many decisions for myself...many quite large, and many incredibly difficult. But I am proud of the choices I made. Everything in 2010 happened the way it was meant to, and it brought me to the place I am currently in...and I believe that place is at the very beginning of a fabulous year. I've got my arms wide open for 2011...I can't wait to see what's in store for me.

1 comment:

  1. Great resolutions, Linds! Important points for us all to remember.

    ReplyDelete