Monday, November 22, 2010

"Buddy, the Elf...What's Your Favorite Color?!"

I have the best brother in the whole world. Seriously. While I was in NYC last week (I stayed Thursday and Friday nights for fun, before flying back to LA on Saturday) he surprised me with tickets to see Elf, The Broadway Musical on Friday night!! As a crazy Elf (the movie) fanatic, I am embarrassed to say that I didn't even know they had made it into a Broadway show for this year. My bad. Regardless, he knew, and he got us AMAZING seats to go see it.


It was fantastic...just fantastic!! Anyone that loves the movie and loves musicals and loves Christmas, will most definitely love this show. I was curious what kinds of songs they would write to make it a musical and if they'd be any good....no worries. They were fabulous. I'm just hoping I can get the soundtrack on CD sometime real soon!

Of course I HAD to have this tshirt...combining two of my favorite things in the whole wide world...Elf and New York City.

I think I was already in the Christmas spirit before Friday night, or was at least starting to be. But after seeing Elf, I most definitely am now!! And then walking over to Rockefeller Center afterward to see the 2010 Christmas tree didn't hurt either. (Don't I look tiny standing next to it?!)

It won't be lit for another week and a half yet (hence all the scaffolding still around it as they string the thousands and thousands of lights)...but this incredibly lucky girl will be working in NYC for most of December! And I will definitely be there on Wednesday 12/1 when this beautiful tree is lit for the first time...and I can't wait!! I've been to the Rockefeller tree lighting twice before...but I'm no less excited for this year's. It never gets old. Never.

No comments:

Post a Comment