Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sick AGAIN! Or Maybe Sick Still...Who Knows...

Soooooo, a short 6 weeks after a trip to an Urgent Care in North Carolina (and a diagnosis of bad sinus infection and walking pneumonia...and a round of antibiotics), I found myself in a walk-in clinic outside of Chicago yesterday. Diagnosis from there? Bad case of bronchitis...and another round of (different and longer) antibiotics. And also Tylenol with codeine. AND more chest xrays. Are you kidding me with this?! What in the world is wrong with me? I am not usually one to get sick very often, but I've had a rough couple of months.

I had to spend all day yesterday then and today cooped up in my hotel room at the Q Center as a result. Not fun. Anyone who has ever been sick on the road knows how yucky that can be. Luckily I have an amazing coworker who stepped in for me (to teach my class here) last minute, for both days, so I was able to rest a little easier knowing that my class wasn't totally left out to dry. I owe her big time. And on top of that, she and the class sent this up to my room yesterday:
It was very unnecessary, but incredibly appreciated! It really made my day. It's hard sitting in a hotel room by yourself, feeling sick, and not being able to do anything or go anywhere. Something like this can make a huge difference for a sicky like me! Thank you so much KS and Oct. 2010 class...you guys rock.

So now I need to get myself better...and hopefully for real this time. The doctor yesterday seemed to think it was a possibility that I just never got fully better from when I was sick 6 weeks ago. I think he especially thought so once I told him about all my travels back and forth across the country since then. Fair enough. I know I'm just not getting anywhere near enough rest these days. I'm just not sure how to remedy that for myself! I fly twice a week, spend all week on the road in hotels, and then try to cram all my Cali fun at home into my weekends. Sleep would fit where in there?? That is the question. Now, who's got the answer for me? I'm all ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment