Sunday, October 10, 2010

Much to My Delight...

...I found a special treat in my apartment upon returning late Thursday night (after being out of town for 11 days). What was this special gift, you ask? Let's see...how best to put this...basically, my sink/garbage disposal had thrown up all over my kitchen at some point over the 11 days I was gone. I don't know how else to describe it. That's pretty much what happened...and it was dis-gusting.

Now, bear in mind, it was about 10:40pm local time when I got back. But my body/brain thought it was about 1:40am (eastern time). I had just finished up a 4 hour flight, and a 40 minute cab ride home (gotta love the traffic back-up at LAX)...and I could barely see straight I was so exhausted. And then I get to come home to THAT. Ugh. But it had clearly happened at least a couple of days before, so I made an executive decision that I was not in any danger...so I put it out of my mind temporarily and crawled in bed. Aaaahhhhhh.

Fast-forward to Friday morning. I call my apartment management company to tell them they need to send someone over real soon...but this apparently did not qualify as an "emergency" so they said they'd be over "sometime today." Great. I'll just go without a kitchen all day, while working from home. Fast-forward again to 6 HOURS later...no sign of the plumber quite yet...and my sink decides to throw up again! Luckily I caught it JUST before it started overflowing, and was able to start bailing water out of the sink and into the toilet. Lovely.

After 25 minutes of that, the plumber finally shows up and saves the day. Didn't take too long, and it was mostly better. Next, they sent a cleaner over to clean up the whole kitchen, which was nice. The worst part of that though? I have all wood floors, and they were starting to warp from the moisture...so the cleaning guy had to leave me with this industrial-sized fan:

No big deal...just run it for the next 6 hours...it's as loud as a 757 would probably be if one was parked in my apartment, and blows at 360 degrees, meaning everything was flying all over the place. Piece of cake. Aaaahhhhh, good times.

Oh...and the last awesome little nugget...the cleaning place still hasn't come back to pick up the stupid fan! You think I want that thing in my apartment taking up space and looking ugly?! I'm about ready to take it out and throw it in the garbage...if only it was a little lighter so I could actually pick it up. Darn.

No comments:

Post a Comment