Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I. Love. My. Job.

I am a seriously lucky lady. I love my job. I adore it. I get to work with/teach every single new hire class that starts with my company...and I wouldn't trade my role for anything! We hire amazing people - smart, thoughtful, young, inquisitive, clever, funny, challenging...and they all know how to have a good time! My weeks at the Q Center in St. Charles, IL are always fabulous, and every time I leave, while tired, I'm a little sad another week is over. How many people get to feel that way about their job?! See? I'm incredibly fortunate.

Last week was the 4th and final week of training for the September 2010 new hire class. And it was even a little more fabulous than normal because my boss was here for the whole week with the class and yours truly. She's amazing....I strive every day to be a little more like her! Having her here for the week was kick-butt. I only wish she could come out with the classes and me more often. But we made sure to cram in as much awesomeness as possible into the week. The highlight of the week was definitely the group social on Wednesday evening - I think it was the most random one we've had yet! We were supposed to do dinner and bowling. Dinner, we did. But bowling was scrapped in favor of grabbing some beers and champagne and cruising around St. Charles in our stretch limo, singing, dancing, and playing games.
* We had to make a bathroom stop at a random gas station. So, of course we needed to play with everything there, including the amazing hat and bandana collection:
* We bought some sunflower seeds at said gas station. Naturally that led to a sunflower seed spitting contest in the parking lot:
* Group shot at the end of the night...yeah...it was 1:15am...looking pretty good, right? Although we're missing 3 people here...I think they were dancing on the sidewalk off to the side...
The September 2010 class was really great - I heart them all! And today, I am back at the Q Center for week 1 of the brand new class...October 2010. They will see me this week, next week, and then for week 4. Will they get sick of me? Only time will tell! Game on.
And can I just say, that I never mind coming back to the Q...but it sure is even better when I walk into my room and find this waiting for me:

Thank you, Q Center! And really thank you to HC...I know she's the one who makes that happen...she rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment