Monday, October 11, 2010

A Most Perfect Day

Yesterday may have been my favorite day in LA so far...a bold statement. But it really was a perfect mix of sun, fun, friends, and laughs. A couple of friends and I spent some amazing time at the beach...and rented bikes...and had the best day ever. We rode from Santa Monica down to Marina del Rey, in search of the "banana stand" - if any of you watch the TV show Arrested Development, I guess you'll know what that means. You'll be happy to know we found what we were looking for - I don't watch the show, so I didn't have the appreciation for the mission and success. But I still had a darn good time!
My friend LM and I decided on a tandem bike instead of two singles...a genius decision on my part. She wasn't so keen on the idea at first, but went along with it anyway - she's such a great friend! We almost tipped over at least 10 times, we tested our balance to the max, we had near collisions with somewhere between 10 and 20 boardwalk-strolling pedestrians, and we then eventually found our stride. So much fun! And let me tell you...two blond girls riding a tandem draws a lot of attention. I wish I could say we were embarrassed or something...but I can't. (Not sure I can say the same for the two gentlemen we were with who had to be seen with us all day) We had the day/time of our lives! I hope to repeat it very soon.
We also found this souvenir parking sign...they only had "Lindsey" and no "Lindsay"...very upsetting, as you can see. Maybe I'll just make my own. That'll show 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment