Sunday, January 29, 2012

Foreshadowing Dream?

I really, really hope not.  Really.

I often contemplate if dreams can foreshadow things to come.  And I can't really decide where I stand on the issue.  It seems too "out there" to be true...but I've also had quite a few dreams in my life that have dealt with a situation (or a person) that soon after presents itself (or himself/herself) in my life.  And being that that has happened to me more than once, the dream I had last night freaks....me...out.

At around 2:30am this morning, I sprung awake with tears running down my face.  I didn't immediately know why, but I knew that I felt sad.  After shaking the sleep out of my brain for a minute, I remembered what I had been dreaming about and why I felt the way I did.  And then I was genuinely upset and very bothered.

Here's how the dream played out in my brain:

I was walking around on some college campus (not familiar to me though) with a friend.  We walked up to a crowd of people, and after pushing our way through saw what everyone was looking at.  It was a picture of a person's Facebook profile page.  But the person's name was now listed as "Remembering _________ ______" instead of just the name.  And there were flowers all around it and people were pretty upset.  Now, I don't want to name this person, but I will say that the person and I used to be extremely close.  The person isn't really a part of my life right now, so it was all the more disturbing that my brain picked that one.

As my friend and I walked closer to the display, I ran into the person's brother in front.  He was an absolute wreck.  I asked him what was going on, and he told me that his sibling had died in a freak accident.  It took not even 2 seconds for me to drop to my knees and start crying as well.  Uncontrollably so.  The brother and I leaned into each other, sharing our sorrow.

That's when I woke up, crying.  And a little confused.

I have many dreams, and often about pretty crazy things that could never really happen.  So a dream that could very well happen is upsetting.  And I don't often remember dreams this vividly, which makes it worse.  It probably doesn't mean anything, but because I've had dreams come true multiple times in my life, and especially when they involve people I know personally, I can't quite let this one go.

Are the other ones all coincidences?  Is this one too?  I don't know, but I'm a little freaked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment