Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Makin' Santa Proud

I think there might be some new additions to Santa's "Naughty List" after this past Saturday.  Not me, of course.  I'm 29 years and holding strong on the "Nice List"...let's hope anyway.  Although this picture doesn't help my case...
I don't have a Smokey Joe...so what would I even do with the coal?!

Saturday was the 3rd annual SANTA Monica Pub Crawl, back in my old stomping ground in Southern California.  Aaahhhhhh...it felt real good to be back.  It was lucky I was there on the right weekend, for this fabulous event.  The idea?  Everyone dress up in ridiculous Christmas-themed gear (or as my girl LK said, "dress like Christmas threw up on you"), buy an official SMPC bracelet (the money goes to charity, so really it's the gathering of a bunch of philanthropists?), and then head out on a 7-stop pub crawl all over Santa Monica.  Annnnnnnnd party your butts off and have the time of your life.

Though we crawled with a larger group...shown here:
...this was my core crew...the Boo-Boos (LM, me, LK) reunited:
And this was my absurd outfit:
We started the afternoon with a nice bottle of champagne, and of course some dancing.  No one will be surprised that there was a lot of Justin Bieber played.  And don't worry...the Biebs doll most certainly came on the whole pub crawl with us:
As did Puss in Boots.  He and Biebs most definitely bonded.  It was adorable, and a little creepy.

We proceeded to visit 4 of the 7 bars.  Why only 4?  Because we're geniuses, that's why.  Towards the end we just skipped ahead to the last bar of the night and got in right away and secured good spots before the masses showed up.  Worked like a charm.  We also stopped in the middle somewhere to eat large amounts of pizza and garlic knots at Joe's.  Delicious.

Highlights of the crawl include:
* Lots of bows everywhere....on packages, AND on "packages" (I'm talking to you, DF)
* Buddy Tape!!! Bright, neon green...and all over us
* Fun holiday drinks with fun holiday names...my personal fave = Yellow Snow
* Mechanical Santa hats (even though they're a little creepy)
* Giant reindeer heads
* Dancing on pool tables (until you get yelled at and have to get down)
* Public accountants...NOT
* Carrying half-eaten pizza in your purse (nice work, LK)
* LM missing every, single set-up for pictures (love you)
* Christmas pajama tops...with missing bottoms
* Man pee on the floor (and unintended fake pregnancy)
* Pool cues in place of stripper poles
* $3.00 PBR tall boys (sooooo good)
* Demanding that I get 8 bean burritos from Taco Bell....then convincing the taxi driver to take us there...only to find TB closed....BOO
* Dancing so much your legs are sore the day after
* Hanging all afternoon and night with some of the coolest people ever

I believe there were more than 300 pictures taken throughout the crawl.  Here are some of the choice shots:


Mmmmmmm....PBR

Queen of the Buddy Tape

"Act like you just got your dream present!"

"Act like you just got socks but are trying to look happy!"

"Act like you just got a lump of coal."


Singing Bieber toothbrush, given to me by DF.  Best present ever.

Artistic shots....taken in the bathroom


Yum, blue shots

Ugh...not so tasty


I'm still trying to figure out who took the shot of my butt...







Don't be fooled. I was highly unamused by this knucklehead.




I forget the point of this one.


Biebs and Puss enjoying recovery brunch at Cabo Cantina on Sunday.
Is it possible to go ahead and buy tickets for the 2012 pub crawl yet?  If so, I'll take three.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment