Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sorry Adidas

So yeah...here in Portland, at the Adidas headquarters, we Huron Consulting Group employees periodically get passes to go to that store location and get 50% off anything and everything in the store. And Portland has NO sales tax. Today was one of those days. Take advantage? Oh, yes we did!

The prices there are great anyway, and then with 50% off and no tax, it was almost like they were giving the stuff away! I probably went a little overboard. But it would have been a crime not to. Most notable in my giant bag of goodies? Lots of running gear and new running shoes. I think signing up for my first 5k in a couple weeks has made me a bit delusional...as in, "I'm totally gonna be a runner now." I'm not sure that's how it will actually pan out, but at the very least I can wear all my cute running clothes around and make people THINK I'm a runner. I'm okay with that too.

Favorite moment at the Adidas store? Me running laps in the shoe department to test the new running shoes...while wearing a short skirt, nylons, and a trench coat. My coworkers insisted that I test the shoes to make sure they feel good. I think they wanted me to make a good purchase. But I could also see them saying that so they could see me run around in the store looking like an idiot.

Great moment yet to come as a result of the spree? Me flying home tomorrow wearing 2 coats. I got an awesome down jacket there tonight for 40 DOLLARS. No joke. It's awesome. So awesome, in fact, that I'm going to wear it home tomorrow, over my trench coat (no more room in my jam-packed suitcase), and with stilettos. I'm aware I will be a fashion "don't" but I'm okay with that. Totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment