Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Most Unexpected Wake-up Call

My status as the s**t magnet (as my parents lovingly call me) continued this morning, bright and early. Here's one for ya.

My alarm goes off at 5:40am for me to get up and get ready for the day at the office. I was actually not miserable about waking up, as I was waking up in my own bed (a rare treat on a Tuesday morning). I stretched, rolled over, took a look at the John Hancock Tower, and proceeded to get up. I walked to the bathroom to start the morning process, which entails me opening the right mirrored cabinet in my bathroom to get toothpaste. Every other morning since I moved in? No problem. Today? The whole cabinet door unhinges and falls off, crashing down into the porcelain sink, and causing the mirror to shatter/explode all over the bathroom. And my poor right foot took the brunt of it. Shards of the glass rained down on it, cutting it open, and causing quite the bloody mess. Mind you, this is about 5:50am. My reaction time was a little slower than I care to admit. But eventually the pool of my own blood stirred me to action.

I hopped around cleaning up the first round of the blood (trying to avoid landing in any more of the glass shards), only to have a second wave of it. The second one was much more manageable, but still gross. So at this point I figured I'd snap a picture on my phone (while standing on my good foot) - here's wave 2 of the blood, including some of the glass chunks:

Now, I know this is pretty gross. And you might be asking yourself, "Why in the world would she take a picture of that, and then share it?!" That's fair, I'll give you that. But, let's remember how many ridiculous stories I've had to share with you all....I have to believe that at some point it will sound like I'm making stuff up. It HAS to. No one person can have this much happen to them, right? Well, it can happen. I'm living proof. So when I can share evidence, I feel like I need to so people don't think I'm just a big story teller. There you go.

I didn't end up needing stitches, thankfully - part of the reason was the risk of there being glass embedded in the cut (eewww). So I ended up with liquid bandage instead. Which is sort of holding up, but sort of not. Oh well. Long story short...I'll live.

Unreal. La vida Lindsay is pretty loca, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment