Thursday, June 2, 2011

Dear American Airlines,

I have a few bones to pick with you after my flight yesterday. Seriously...did you all decide it was "pick on Lindsay" day? It kinda felt like it.

1. Please listen to me when I say that I know my bag will fit in the overhead. I fly pretty much every week of my life...I've had that carry-on for over a year now...I KNOW it will fit. Unless I'm about to walk on a Boeing 767 (and even then I can usually cram it in), I'm 100% sure. So when I'm entering a 737, just let me be. I know you, and all the other passengers, don't want to hear me throw a hissy fit. And I don't really want to waste my energy on it. So stop being annoying, and just let me take it on!

2. Your flight attendants should probably learn how to NOT smash the drink cart into every seat they pass going down the aisle. Seriously? They had to have been doing it on purpose. Which is great for me, when I'm enjoying my inevitable plane snooze (I pass out for about 20-30 minutes at some point during pretty much every flight I take). It's really nice to be rudely awoken by a 200-pound Coke product holder on wheels jamming into the side of my seat, about 6 inches away from my leg.

3. As part B to #2 above...apparently your flight attendants don't know that a death stare from a passenger should warrant an apology. Even if they don't mean it. At least humor me.

4. Please don't seat me next to a super annoying guy, who has no sense of personal space and boundaries, and asks me questions about my entire life, and breathes his Burger King breath in my personal bubble, and doesn't understand that my nose being buried in "Gone With the Wind" or my laptop means "Leave...me....alone...jerk-face."

5. And finally, if you're going to FORCE me to check my bag at the gate (even after my tantrum), at least put a more solid identification tag on it when you pry it from my hands. I'm not amused when my bag shows up in baggage claim with zero identification, because your flimsy little paper tag fell off (most likely when the baggage handlers were throwing our bags against the wall for no reason...I'm pretty sure they all do this...there's no way my stuff can get THAT messed up just being set on a plane). Exactly how would you have found it if it had gotten lost?!

Not my best flight experience. I'm pretty sure my blood pressure is at an abnormally high level, still, from going through it all. At least there was a "wangtini" waiting for me upon my arrival. Those make everything better. But that was no thanks to you, American.

Sincerely,
Aggravated Passenger from seat 15C

No comments:

Post a Comment