Monday, September 20, 2010

28...and Feeling Grrrrrrrrreat!!

Big day yesterday. I turned the big 2-8. Hhhmmmm...that's starting to get a little too close to 30, isn't it? Scary stuff!!

But seriously though, I had an amazing birthday weekend. I was a little anxious since my birthday fell on only my second weekend in my new home, and I'm barely even settled in yet, but I'm fortunate enough to have fabulous friends in LA who made it a weekend to definitely remember. I feel like I celebrated for almost the whole, entire weekend! And that's certainly not a bad thing. Thank you to everyone (you all know who you are) for a totally kick-butt 28th birthday weekend!! (hopefully pictures will come at some point...none of them are on my camera though...I guess I was a little distracted and forgot to take any...)

In the, I don't know...maybe 2-3 hours that I was alone this weekend, I did a little deep birthday thinking. We all do that on our birthdays, don't we? I had more to think about this year than I have in awhile...the changes in my life from 27 to 28 were much larger than my past years. And I am certainly not where I thought I would be on September 19, 2010...but you know what? I think I'm right where I'm supposed to be. It's definitely been a crazy couple of months, and I have a fair amount of settling in (and down) left to do yet, but somehow things feel right. Right for me. Right for now. That feels pretty incredible. And I can only imagine what the year from 28 to 29 will bring! I can be pretty impulsive...you all better hope I'm not writing my post from China next year...huge phone bills then.

Cheers to another year! I'm excited and ready for whatever is next!

No comments:

Post a Comment