Thursday, March 31, 2011

T-Minus 15 Hours...

So tomorrow is the big day. My return to Chapel Hill...the Hill...Tar Heel land...my old home. It definitely seems a little weird to think that I'll be back there in a matter of hours. I have completely mixed emotions (still), and would really like to just get there and get over the initial hump of taking it all in and seeing how I feel. My feelings of slight anxiety have been steadily growing throughout this week...and it's really just time. The peak of the ridiculousness of this? Right now...the fact that as I'm sitting here writing this...I'm consuming/inhaling an obnoxious amount of Hershey's Creme de Menthe Kisses (the ones from St. Patrick's Day - I found them at Target today, on clearance for $1.48...score!)

Speaking of Target, I picked up a few items to take to my baby girl, Lalo, tomorrow when I see her. I got a little carried away. I left with:

* 2 bags (31 lb.) of her favorite dog food (Beneful...Healthy Weight, of course)
* 2 lb. of rawhide chew chips
* 2 bags of Puperoni doggy treats (she loooooves those!)
* 1 bright yellow (my favorite color) dumb-bell squeaky toy

I couldn't help myself. I love that little fur-ball so much, and I'm just busting at the thought of seeing her tomorrow. But will she remember me when she sees me, after 7 long months? I sure hope so. It might break my heart if she doesn't.

I'm about to head to bed - a good night of sleep would be a great start to the weekend...but let's be honest. I'm an insomniac even when I'm not stressed and my brain's not racing incessantly. So what hope do I have tonight?! It's not looking good. I'll be keeping my book close by, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment